Keyword Tool API - Update

rashmi

Jul 9, 2008, 8:36:29 AM7/9/08
to AdWords API Forum
I would like to know by when we can use the new Keyword tool features
like getting the approx search volume for keywords etc from the
Keyword tool api.

AdWords API Advisor

Jul 9, 2008, 1:44:57 PM7/9/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Rashmi,

You can currently get an approximate search volume, on a scale of 0
to 5, from the results of the KeywordToolService. See

http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/KeywordVariation.html#searchVolumeScale

If you're asking about getting more exact search volume information,
like raw numbers not normalized to a scale, I'm afraid that I don't
have any information about if or when that might be added to the
return values from the methods of the KeywordToolService.

You can get information about estimated clicks per day by passing the
suggested keywords returned from the KeywordToolService to the various
methods of the TrafficEstimatorService. See

http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2008/07/traffic-estimator-service-explained.html
http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/TrafficEstimatorService.html

if you're not familiar with the TrafficEstimatorService already.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

Teabeats

Jul 10, 2008, 3:19:51 AM7/10/08
to AdWords API Forum
The TrafficEstimatorService adds some limits to knowing which keywords
are interesting, raw numbers would be more useful! Will the api
keywordtool service be expanded with extra methods for raw numbers/
trends etc at all?

On Jul 9, 7:44 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hello Rashmi,
>
>  You can currently get an approximate search volume, on a scale of 0
> to 5, from the results of the KeywordToolService. See
>
>  http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/KeywordVariation.html#se...
>
> If you're asking about getting more exact search volume information,
> like raw numbers not normalized to a scale, I'm afraid that I don't
> have any information about if or when that might be added to the
> return values from the methods of the KeywordToolService.
>
>  You can get information about estimated clicks per day by passing the
> suggested keywords returned from the KeywordToolService to the various
> methods of the TrafficEstimatorService. See
>
>  http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2008/07/traffic-estimator-service-expl...
>  http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/TrafficEstimatorService....

AdWords API Advisor

Jul 10, 2008, 3:59:31 PM7/10/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I unfortunately can't give more than the stock answer in this case; I
can't comment on whether specific features will be added to the
AdWords API, but with each new release we do try to achieve more
feature parity with what gets rolled out via the web interface (and
this new functionality was just released a few days ago).

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

sssrpm

Aug 7, 2008, 8:51:47 AM8/7/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I was wondering if you have any clearer idea whether this
functionality is going to be added to the API anytime soon?

Also, when is the next release of the API scheduled for please?

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,
Robert

On Jul 10, 8:59 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Aug 7, 2008, 12:11:55 PM8/7/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Robert,

That's unfortunately the exact sort of thing that I'm not able to
comment on.

But I can assure you that the engineering and product teams are aware
of the demand from the developer community. I think it's safe to say
that (apart from the longstanding requests for additional report
functionality), this is the most-requested functionality at the
moment.