Re: Does Google allow development

Langers

Feb 16, 2006, 6:03:49 AM2/16/06
to AdWords API Forum
> From: Patrick Chanezon - view profile
> Date: Tues, Nov 29 2005 2:09 am

> Thanks for the feedback Chris.
> We've been reading all the forum emails, and acknowledge your concerns over
> the terms and conditions.
> I posted an official
> answer<http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2005/11/adwords-api-terms-and-> conditio...>on
> the blog and in the Forum today.

> That's all I can stick over the parapet for now:-)

Hi,

Further clarificarification on the TOS was promised in November on the
blog but I have not heard anything since.

Please could you state whether developing and distributing software
that uses the API is in violation of the revised TOS?

Patrick Chanezon

Feb 16, 2006, 12:54:40 PM2/16/06
to Langers, AdWords API Forum
I'll have more news to share in a few weeks.
All I can say for now.

P@

On 2/16/06, Langers <goo...@uk-network.co.uk > wrote:

> From:  Patrick Chanezon - view profile
> Date:  Tues, Nov 29 2005 2:09 am

> Thanks for the feedback Chris.
> We've been reading all the forum emails, and acknowledge your concerns over
> the terms and conditions.
> I posted an official
> answer< http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2005/11/adwords-api-terms-and-> conditio...>on
> the blog and in the Forum today.

> That's all I can stick over the parapet for now:-)

Hi,

Further clarificarification on the TOS was promised in November on the http://blog.chanezon.com/
http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/

Jon Tara

Feb 16, 2006, 2:01:15 PM2/16/06
to AdWords API Forum

Langers wrote:

> Further clarificarification on the TOS was promised in November on the
> blog but I have not heard anything since.
>
> Please could you state whether developing and distributing software
> that uses the API is in violation of the revised TOS?

There was supposed to be an announcement about a commercial developer's
program around January 1. Then around February 1.

It seems stuck in limbo.

In the mean time, I can think of at least two commercial development
projects that have just stopped in their tracks.

I have to assume that this is what Google wanted.

Patrick Chanezon

Feb 16, 2006, 3:02:06 PM2/16/06
to Jon Tara, AdWords API Forum

I won't comment on the specifics but let's just say this was not the goal.
It takes us some time to process all the feedback we received about the terms and conditions and come up with a solution that satisfies all the use cases that came up during this feedback period.

P@

--
Patrick Chanezon, AdWords API evangelist
http://blog.chanezon.com/
http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/

Robert

Feb 17, 2006, 8:41:52 AM2/17/06
to AdWords API Forum
Can I release a Adwords API clients as freeware, shareware, opensource
or Try-Before-Buy software/website? And if Google allow this: can
someone explain me how to do this? There is a shareware rule: only one
of 100 users register the shareware. That means, if I would sell 100
piece of my Adwords shareware per year then there are 10.000 users
which try out the software. That means I have to *manually* link 27
Adwords account per day to my Adwords account (10.000 users / 365
days). How to split the quotas between the 10.000 users?

Yodey

Feb 20, 2006, 5:11:10 AM2/20/06
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I too have a similar problem regarding building commercial software for
managing product feeds into Google Adwords via the API. I want to be
able to allow SEM agencies and big retail clients an automated way of
sending campaigns, keywords, ad-creative and changes up through the API
however I will need to use the SEM agencies developer token and account
logins.

Is this allowed?

Alasdair

Jon Tara

Feb 20, 2006, 1:32:23 PM2/20/06
to AdWords API Forum

Yodey wrote:
>I will need to use the SEM agencies developer token and account
> logins.
>
> Is this allowed?

This is currently not allowed.

The only out you have is to develop a "custom application" for each SEM
agency. Basically a work for hire. Some have suggested that you'd have
to transfer the source code to the client to be in compliance.

You should read the beta developer agreement yourself and perhaps have
your attorney go over it.

In any case, it's not something to count on, as the rules were changed
in December, and could change again. Prior to December, this was
allowed, or at least not mentioned.

The beta program is currently all there is. We are still waiting "a few
more weeks" for details of the commercial developer program to emerge.