Sign-up not working, no confirmation e-mail received

Dave R

Jan 13, 2011, 7:53:30 AM1/13/11
to AdWhirl Users
Hi,

I am trying to sign-up but have not received the confirmation e-mail.
I have tried with 3 different e-mail accounts, and checked both the in-
box and spam folder for each account, but still no confirmation e-mail
can be found.

Can someone at AdWhirl please help?

Kind regards,
David

Justin Pincar

Jan 14, 2011, 1:24:42 PM1/14/11
to AdWhirl Users
Hi Dave,

We found an @eclipse.co.uk that seem to be yours and confirmed the
account. You should be able to log in now. If this isn't your address,
please send me the account you want confirmed off-list and we'll
confirm it.

- Justin

Christian Schwarz

Jan 17, 2011, 11:49:31 AM1/17/11
to AdWhirl Users
Hi, I have the same problem too. Would be nice if you could fix this
quite fast. Tried another (German) e-mail adress, but it didn't work,
too. Please confirm the gmail-account for me...

Kind regards,
Christian

ko

Jan 21, 2011, 4:47:53 AM1/21/11
to AdWhirl Users

carljmosca

Jan 22, 2011, 2:21:36 PM1/22/11
to AdWhirl Users
Ditto.

Justin Pincar

Jan 24, 2011, 2:09:45 PM1/24/11
to AdWhirl Users
If you didn't receive a confirmation email, there's a good chance that
your email provider ate the message thinking it was spam.

Send me an email at jpi...@google.com and I can confirm your account
manually.

- Justin

Andy Triboletti

Jan 24, 2011, 2:15:36 PM1/24/11
to adwhir...@googlegroups.com
It's kind of weird that all these users who are not getting the
Adwhirl signup emails are using Gmail. Can't Google/Gmail whitelist
it's own domains?

Dave R

Jan 24, 2011, 5:52:44 PM1/24/11
to adwhir...@googlegroups.com
It is actually not just gmail. I tried hotmail, yahoo, gmail and my own isp email account. It is very odd that all of those accounts resulted in no confirmation email being received, they cannot all be swallowing the emails as spam surely? It certainly is weird, but thankfully AdWhirl are able to confirm by request on these forums.

Justin Pincar

Jan 24, 2011, 8:48:16 PM1/24/11
to AdWhirl Users
The underlying issue is that almost all EC2 instances are on SpamHaus'
policy block list, and a lot of mail servers are unhappy with that.
We're working on a solution to securely relay mail through an
alternate SMTP server to ensure that everything gets delivered
successfully. In the meantime, just email me and I'll confirm the
account manually. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Justin