Can not find Fastboot.exe on Tools folder ! helpppppppppppppp

vu xuan bao

Oct 22, 2011, 2:16:42 PM10/22/11
to adt-dev
I can not find Fasboot.exe on Tools folder ! pls help me !
P/s: First time use SDK

Xavier Ducrohet

Oct 22, 2011, 7:52:53 PM10/22/11
to adt...@googlegroups.com
hmm I don't think we've ever ship fast boot with the SDK.

The SDK is for apps developers. Fastboot is for device
development/hacking/installing new roms, etc...

--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!

vu xuan bao

Oct 22, 2011, 11:35:02 PM10/22/11
to adt...@googlegroups.com
But I follow the guide on Htcdev site to unlock bootloater my device by using SDK then how come this file hasn't been shipped ?

Or I have to create it by using SDK ?
Vũ Xuân Bảo ( ^_^ )
Phone: 0977498168

Raphaël Moll

Oct 23, 2011, 12:49:39 AM10/23/11
to adt...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 8:35 PM, vu xuan bao <vub...@gmail.com> wrote:
But I follow the guide on Htcdev site to unlock bootloater my device by using SDK then how come this file hasn't been shipped ?

You're right, we used to ship it as part of the SDK. I'll see about fixing that, it's a simple packaging error in 14.

It's easier to have it here than have people download untrusted binaries they could easily find otherwise on the net.
R/

fonix232

Dec 2, 2011, 2:38:47 PM12/2/11
to adt...@googlegroups.com
The problem is still there in r15!

Xavier Ducrohet

Dec 2, 2011, 4:42:33 PM12/2/11
to adt...@googlegroups.com
We moved it to platform-tools but didn't release new platform-tools yet.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:38 AM, fonix232 <foni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is still there in r15!

József Király

Dec 3, 2011, 4:58:33 AM12/3/11
to adt...@googlegroups.com
I see. So far solved it by grabbing a binary from Google, but the official one would be better.