New and updated

Sérgio Gomes

Oct 25, 2011, 5:05:20 AM10/25/11
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We're thrilled to announce the new AdSense Management API, a new API for publishers who want to programmatically retrieve reports for their AdSense accounts, as well as get their inventory (ad clients, ad units, channels) data.

We've also renamed the existing API from "AdSense API" to "AdSense Host API", to make it clear it's only meant to be used by our host partners.

Check out the announcement in our blog and take a look at the updated AdSense APIs documentation page.

Happy coding!

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google | Gordon House | Barrow Street | Dublin 4 | Ireland
Registered in Dublin, Ireland | Registration Number: 368047
Message has been deleted

Webshark

Oct 25, 2011, 7:55:02 AM10/25/11
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergio,

Does this update include a fix for developers (hosts) to pull user (publisher) reports ?

Thanks,
Simon

Tony J

Oct 25, 2011, 9:22:05 AM10/25/11
to AdSense API Forum
Thank you for this announcement. Many publishers have been looking at
this forum for a while asking for API access to regular publishers.
Finally, there is something for every one.

We have quickly setup a website to provide code samples, tips and help
to AdSense API implementation. We had done the same when the original
AdSense API came up few years ago, which helped many at that time.

Here is our new site to offer help on AdSense API implementation:
http://www.adsenseapihelp.com/

On Oct 25, 2:05 pm, Sérgio Gomes <sergio.go...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We're thrilled to announce the new AdSense Management API, a new API for
> publishers who want to programmatically retrieve reports for their AdSense
> accounts, as well as get their inventory (ad clients, ad units, channels)
> data.
>
> We've also renamed the existing API from "AdSense API" to "AdSense Host
> API", to make it clear it's only meant to be used by our host partners.
>
> Check out the announcement in our blog<http://adsenseapi.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-and-updated.html> and
> take a look at the updated AdSense APIs documentation page<http://code.google.com/apis/adsense/>
> .

Sérgio Gomes

Oct 25, 2011, 9:29:25 AM10/25/11
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

We're still evaluating the concrete values,but we feel this should be a reasonable value for most programmers.

If you need more quota, however, please feel free to file a request from your APIs console (under Quotas), which we'll then review.

Sérgio Gomes

Oct 25, 2011, 9:34:31 AM10/25/11
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

I'm afraid this API is only targeted at publishers (and application developers), not hosts; all of the information available refers to the publishers' accounts.

We have a solution for the problem you mention in progress, but unfortunately we're not ready to announce any details at the moment.

Nick Toumpelis

Nov 26, 2011, 5:55:59 AM11/26/11
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sérgio,

I see that there is a courtesy limit to the AdSense Management API usage that applies to each application. How does this get applied to an application that gets a wide distribution and multiple potential users?

Thank you,

Nick

Silvano Luciani

Nov 28, 2011, 6:52:15 AM11/28/11
to AdSense API Forum
Hello Nick,

the limit refers to the number of requests your project can make via
the API in a single day, across all of your users or AdSense accounts.
This is set to 10,000 queries per day for all new projects.

If you’re running into the limit, feel free to request more from the
“Quotas” page for your project, in the APIs Console:
https://code.google.com/apis/console

We’ll look at your request and project usage history, and decide an
appropriate limit to set in place.

Cheers,
Silvano

--
Silvano Luciani | Developer Programs Engineer

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London
SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902