Test AdSense Account

kiancheong

Jan 26, 2012, 6:33:56 AM1/26/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We developed an app using this API for the iPhone.
However, the App Store review team insists that we provide a 'demo' account so they can test the app further.
I am not sure what to do, since I understand the value of AdSense accounts and I wouldn't want them to see the test accounts earnings.

Is there any way to access or setup a dummy account for this purpose?

Thanks.

Sérgio Gomes

Jan 26, 2012, 1:27:01 PM1/26/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

That is an interesting situation, and I'm afraid I don't really have a good solution for it, as we don't provide test accounts.

I guess your options are to either give App Store team access to your AdSense account (probably not a good idea), ask them to create their own, or add an option to your app that mocks the report data (assuming that's acceptable for the review).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

kiancheong

Jan 27, 2012, 7:33:18 AM1/27/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hmmm, all the suggested options are quite difficult to implement.
I'm quite sure they wouldn't be bothered to create one themselves,
lest they would have done so and not reject our app outright.

Is it not possible for the AdSense team to create test accounts for
such scenarios?
Perhaps one single account that everyone can use (read only) when
developing their app?
I'm pretty sure a lot of developers would find this helpful.

Thanks.

Sérgio Gomes

Jan 27, 2012, 8:54:43 AM1/27/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

I'm afraid that there really isn't any other option we can offer at the moment. There is no support for test accounts of any sort, and this isn't something that can be added easily.

The fundamental problem is that you need an AdSense account for a third party to use, when this third party isn't willing to create it. This is a tricky problem that we unfortunately can't help much with.

That said, there seem to be some approved API-using AdSense applications in the App Store already, so perhaps you could ask the App Store team what those developers had to do in order to get through the review?

kiancheong

Feb 3, 2012, 11:37:22 PM2/3/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hello,

I asked a few friends who have AdSense accounts for help and one of
them gladly provided his account details.
Our app is now approved and in the App Store.

Thanks to the API and everyone in this forum for your help (I've been
silently reading the posts here, mostly).
For those curious enough, here's a link to our product, GAdReports:
http://www.gadreports.com.

Cheers!