AdSense Host API Error

Tony John

Jul 22, 2013, 8:15:26 AM7/22/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to report a behaviour at AdSense API call.

Here are the sequence of APIs I call:

1. Authenticate using oAuth 2.0 (https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth)

It works fine in normal scenarios. However, when I am working with the Sandbox account and if I am already logged in to a live AdSense account, Step1 calls back to my callback page without prompting for Google Login and it fails at Step 2, with the following error:

"The link used to access this page is malformed. Please contact owners of the referring page for more information."

Even though I know the reason and how to avoid it, I thought I would report it so that you can give a better error message instead of a generic message as above.

Jose Alcérreca (AdSense API Team)

Jul 23, 2013, 8:08:45 AM7/23/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

You get the message after opening the URL found in the response after calling associationSessions.start, am I wrong?

If you could e-mail us the actual URL, I'd be able to investigate further.

Thanks!
Jose

---
Jose Alcérreca
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902