API to get account messages

Shawn Hogan

Aug 12, 2013, 3:11:06 PM8/12/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking maybe the messages/notices on an AdSense account could be pulled with the new alerts methods, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Am I doing something wrong and just getting back empty data (no errors or anything)?  If that's not the intent of the API and alerts are something else, are we ever going to see a method to get account messages?

Jose Alcérreca (AdSense API Team)

Aug 13, 2013, 11:45:25 AM8/13/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shawn,

The "alerts" method is just for AdSense's alerts, which are just important notifications. No "messages" resource is planned for the API, I'm afraid.

Cheers.
Jose

---
Jose Alcérreca
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

Shawn Hogan

Aug 13, 2013, 5:08:17 PM8/13/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Would be nice down the road to be able to get messages since that's where policy violation alerts show up.  We have a large site that is mostly user generated content and we rarely log into the AdSense web site.  Once in awhile we end up with an inadvertent policy violation message from a user posting something like a bikini pic.  An API to get messages would be quite helpful since we rarely log into the AdSense interface.

We also have part of our site that has about 1,000 of our users linking their AdSense accounts for basic reporting via the API.  Giving them the ability to see messages would be handy as well.

Jose Alcérreca (AdSense API Team)

Aug 15, 2013, 8:58:49 AM8/15/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shawn,

Thanks, I'll make sure including policy violations in alerts is considered for future releases.

Cheers,
Jose
---