Re: AdSense APIs and new Host Limited Accounts

Sérgio Gomes

Jan 28, 2013, 7:13:32 AM1/28/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

No worries, just email us on adsenseapi-tech@google com with your AdSense account ID (or email) and the domain you're trying to add, and we'll look into it for you.

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

On Saturday, 26 January 2013 03:15:57 UTC, Tony J wrote:
Google recently implemented "host limited adsense accounts" - if an AdSense account is created through a Host Partner site, such accounts can be used only on AdSense Host partner sites.

We are using AdSense APIs and share revenue on our Host Partner site, and have no problem with this.

Now, we are sharing the same template and implementation on an additional site. During the V2 period, there was way in APIs to add an additional developer url to a partner account, so we used the primary account in the second site as well to share revenue.

In V3, Google introduced "developer url", but we could not get the second site added to the developer site list because many publishers had already associated to the second site using the first site url.

Now, with the Host Limited AdSense system, this approach no longer works because Google does not consider our second site as a "Host Partner Site". If a Host Limited publisher associates his AdSense account with our second site, it will show no ads because the second site is not a host partner site on official records.

Can you give some suggestions on how to resolve this problem?