Re: Service account: 403 forbidden, User does not have an AdSense account error

Sérgio Gomes (AdSense API Team)

May 7, 2013, 6:56:23 AM5/7/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com, pard...@yahoo-inc.com
Hi Mangesh,

Service Accounts can do two very different things: simple anonymous API access, and user impersonation within a domain.
The former will not work with the AdSense Management API, as it access protected user data, which is incompatible with anonymous access.
The latter will work, but is a very complicated process and most likely unnecessary in most cases. What exactly is your use case?

Cheers,
Sérgio
---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

On Monday, 29 April 2013 16:45:51 UTC+1, ysm_global wrote:
Upon doing some more research, I came across this blog
http://googleappsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2012/11/domain-wide-delegation-of-authority-and.html

Looks like to make the Service Account work I need to do the "domain wide delegation of authority" step. Can someone confirm this?
Also how do I find what is the Google Apps domain’s control panel URL is for a specific AdSense account is ?

Thank you.
Mangesh

On Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:19:47 PM UTC-5, ysm_global wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to use AdSense sample command line application to authenticate and download account data using the private key (service account) method but keep getting the “403 Forbidden, User does not have an AdSense account” error. I am able to use the refresh token method to download the data on my desktop but I can’t use it in production since there is no browser on production server.

Thanks for any help.

-Mangesh

ysm_global

May 7, 2013, 12:11:48 PM5/7/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com, pard...@yahoo-inc.com
Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your response. My use case is to run this report as part of our data pipeline. The data pipeline runs on grid and uses Oozie to schedule the jobs.

Thanks,
Mangesh

ysm_global

May 13, 2013, 11:20:37 AM5/13/13