Metadata?

Raúl Mellado

Jun 26, 2013, 6:44:11 PM6/26/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

Could you please explain in short what metadata (dimensions/metrics) is for? I had a look at the API and tested them, but didn't get a clear idea about how we can use them in the API (and what for).

Also, I downloaded the latest version of the google php api, but could not find any reference to metadata.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Raul

Jose Alcérreca (AdSense API Team)

Jun 27, 2013, 5:58:34 AM6/27/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raúl,

We're currently writing guides and blog posts about this. When generating a report it used to be hard to know what dimensions were compatible with each other. The only way to test it was to generate the report and look for an error.

I'll update this thread when we release documentation about it.

The AdSense Management API samples do have metadata calls:

and

Cheers!
Jose

---
Jose Alcérreca
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902