Reports limits

Andrei

Mar 30, 2012, 6:05:09 AM3/30/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We're using the AdHoc reporting feature of the API to retrieve KEYWORD_PERFORMANCE_REPORTS on CUSTOM_DATE in GZIPPED_CSV format. If I'm reading this blog post (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/GoogleAdsDeveloperBlog/~3/_zFRiK8mQ44/adsense-management-api-working-with.html) correctly, the maximum number of rows per report delivered as of March 29th should be no higher than 50,000. However, the reports our application has downloaded on March 30th at 8:10 AM UTC have the correct number of rows in them, which is much higher than 50,000.

I'm not sure how to interpret this: am I required to change our reports downloading process to only request batches of 5,000 rows by paging them using startIndex and numberResults, or the above blog post does not apply to this kind of reporting?

Thank you

Sérgio Gomes

Mar 30, 2012, 10:12:23 AM3/30/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrei,

Sorry, I should have been clearer on the limits page. The limits only apply to inline JSON responses; if you use gzipped CSV, then it's not a problem.

They also have not changed; these are the same limits that have been in place since the beginning; we were just trying to provide some more clarity. Which I suppose may have not worked so well :)

We'll be working on some content showing how to use gzipped CSV downloading, and will be updating our other documentation accordingly. In the meantime if you or anyone else has any questions on how to use this feature, let us know here, and we'll be happy to help you figure out how to do that your specific programming environment!

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

---

Sérgio Gomes

Jun 29, 2012, 11:12:03 AM6/29/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Yes, but you'll need to retrieve your reports in CSV format by setting the "alt" parameter in your generate request to the value "csv". If you give me some details on what programming language you're using (and whether or not you're using a client library) I may be able to give you some further help.

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

---
On Friday, June 29, 2012 8:14:29 AM UTC+1, Dinero spt wrote:

HI ,

I want to fetch all the records using the adsense api but it stops at 50000 records.
Is it possible i can remove this limit and display all the records?

Thanks

Sérgio Gomes

Jul 10, 2012, 7:06:57 AM7/10/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'll reply privately to you with a workaround. If anyone else needs to get around the 50.000 rows limit, please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

---
On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:59:37 AM UTC+1, Dinero spt wrote:
Hi Sérgio,

Now I am using alt=csv in my generate request , but still i am not able to fetch more then 50,000 records.

My request header is showing me this data --

apiHttpRequest Object ( [url:protected] => https://www.googleapis.com/adsense/v1.1/reports?startDate=2012-07-06&endDate=2012-07-09&metric=PAGE_VIEWS&metric=CLICKS&metric=EARNINGS&metric=COST_PER_CLICK&dimension=DATE&dimension=DOMAIN_NAME&sort=-EARNINGS&alt=csv [requestMethod:protected] => GET [requestHeaders:protected] => Array ( ) [postBody:protected] => [userAgent:protected] => google-api-php-client/0.5.0 [responseHttpCode:protected] => [responseHeaders:protected] => [responseBody:protected] => [accessKey] => )

Can you please help me.

Thanks in advance,

On Monday, July 2, 2012 12:35:49 PM UTC+5:30, Dinero spt wrote:

Hi Sérgio,

I am using google client library for PHP, and fetching the adsense reports and downloading them into CSV files.
There is not any paging i have applied till now. I am displaying records on browser also and provoded the link to download the records in CSV file , but report stops at 50000 records.

Thanks,
Dinero SPT

Johnny Hom

Jul 10, 2012, 12:04:48 PM7/10/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sérgio

We are having the same limitation issues in getting reporting data for domain names.

A work around would be much appreciated.

Johnny Hom

BI Apps Engineer

Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Demand Media, Inc. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.