"Access Not Configured" error

Dylan Hassinger

Jan 12, 2012, 12:10:41 PM1/12/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hi everybody -

Recently I hired a contractor to build me a script which connected to
my Adsense account and grabbed some data, via the API. The script
worked, and I started using it - but well underneath the API limits.
Meanwhile I gave it to a friend and it worked fine on his account.

Then all of a sudden, it stopped working. Now I get an error back that
says "Access Not Configured". (It's still working fine on my friends
account.)

The Google console says my API access is active. I tried resetting my
client secret; no change. I tried making a new ClientID; no change.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this problem?

Is there any way to get more info than just this error message? (an
error code, perhaps?)

Is there a place where I can ask Google to check the status of my API
account?

Thank you so much for any help!!

Sérgio Gomes

Jan 12, 2012, 12:39:01 PM1/12/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dylan,

Could you make sure that "AdSense Management API" is enabled for your project in the APIs console?

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

Dylan Hassinger

Jan 12, 2012, 1:25:16 PM1/12/12
to AdSense API Forum
Thanks for the reply Sérgio -

Adsense Management API is enabled - status "ON"...

Sérgio Gomes

Jan 13, 2012, 6:29:27 AM1/13/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Replying in private, as this seems to be an authentication issue.

Dylan Hassinger

Jan 16, 2012, 11:44:00 AM1/16/12
to AdSense API Forum
Big thanks to Sergio for helping me out.

In the end, I had to just create a new project and start from scratch
- then things worked fine. I Should have tried that first.

cheers and thanks!

dylan