Re: How do I generate a report for a custom channe?

Sérgio Gomes

Jun 22, 2012, 9:09:02 PM6/22/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

It looks like you ran the report for a single day, are you sure there's reporting data for that period?

In any case, if you want to break down the data by custom channel, all you need to do is use one of the CUSTOM_CHANNEL_*  dimensions (depending on what you prefer) in your report. You can also set up a filter on one of these dimensions if you want to limit results to selected channels.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

---
On Thursday, June 21, 2012 4:06:32 AM UTC+1, diggdugg wrote:
How do I get reporting for a custom channel?   I see data in my adsense account for that channel, but when I go through the API, I see null values.

Request

 GET https://www.googleapis.com/adsense/v1.1/accounts/pub-9515103549350423/reports?startDate=2012-06-19&endDate=2012-06-19&dimension=DATE&metric=TOTAL_EARNINGS&key={YOUR_API_KEY}

Authorization:  Bearer ya29.AHES6ZR4WLdS1N3OdEhcll7bljT_UX5KlFvqJMWRA9PQh6OOVM7u9MA

Response

200 OK

 - Show headers -

{

 "kind": "adsense#report",

 "totalMatchedRows": "0",

 "headers": [

  {

   "name": "DATE",

   "type": "DIMENSION"

  },

  {

   "name": "TOTAL_EARNINGS",

   "type": "METRIC_CURRENCY",

   "currency": "USD"

  }

 ],

 "totals": [

  "",

  null

 ],

 "averages": [

  "",

  null

 ]

}

Here's the URL of the report in adsense:

https://www.google.com/adsense/v3/app#viewreports/d=today&ag=date&dd=1YchannelY1YMYPUBIDAND CHANNELID&ss=&oc=&oo=ascending&gm=earnings&co=d&sgs=&sgds=&drh=false&cc=&viewmode=1