Adsense "Link Units"

Johnny

Mar 28, 2012, 10:43:25 PM3/28/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hello,

Thank-you for your previous help with the PHP api. I was successfully
able to extract report data using it.

I am now trying to extract data from the old Adsense interface under
the tab "Link Units." Upon my reading of the available metrics in:
https://developers.google.com/adsense/management/v1.1/reference/reports/generate
I don't see any metrics that correspond to the "link unit metrics"
such as "link unit impressions" or "link unit coverage."

Can one extract data from via the API for these "link unit" metrics?

Regards,
Johnny T. Hom
BI Apps Developer for Demand Media, Inc.

Silvano Luciani

Mar 29, 2012, 5:20:08 AM3/29/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hello Johnny,

link units are a discrete subset of ad units, so if you know
beforehand the IDs of the ad units that are link units, you can use
those IDs to filter your report by ad unit ID.

Currently is not possible to retrieve programmatically which ad units
are link units, but that sounds like an interesting feature and we
will add it to our roadmap.

Cheers,
Silvano

--
Silvano Luciani | Developer Programs Engineer

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London
SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

On Mar 29, 3:43 am, Johnny <johnny...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank-you for your previous help with the PHP api. I was successfully
> able to extract report data using it.
>
> I am now trying to extract data from the old Adsense interface under
> the tab "Link Units." Upon my reading of the available metrics in:https://developers.google.com/adsense/management/v1.1/reference/repor...

Johnny Hom

Mar 30, 2012, 1:40:41 AM3/30/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Silvano,

Thank-you for the information.

I noticed that on the "Link Units" reports tab, that there are metrics called "Link Clicks" and "Link Page CTR".
When I use the API to pulldown data for our corresponding Link Units, I cannot find any metrics that tie out with that data from you list of metrics:
Please look at the attached image of the report.
As you can see, there are "Link Clicks" and "Clicks." The only corresponding metric in the API is called "CLICKS." Is there no way to get this link related data?

Johnny

GoogleReports.png

Silvano Luciani

Apr 2, 2012, 8:52:10 AM4/2/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hello Johnny,

Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to retrieve 'Link Clicks'
and 'Link Page CTR' via the API, but if a widely extended need for
those metrics amongst the API users emerged in the future we'd take
into account the possibility of implementing those metrics.

Cheers,
Silvano

--

On Mar 30, 6:40 am, Johnny Hom <johnny...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Silvano,
>
> Thank-you for the information.
>
> I noticed that on the "Link Units" reports tab, that there are metrics
> called "Link Clicks" and "Link Page CTR".
> When I use the API to pulldown data for our corresponding Link Units, I
> cannot find any metrics that tie out with that data from you list of
> metrics:https://developers.google.com/adsense/management/v1.1/reference/repor...
> Please look at the attached image of the report.
> As you can see, there are "Link Clicks" and "Clicks." The only
> corresponding metric in the API is called "CLICKS." Is there no way to get
> this link related data?
>
> Johnny
>
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Silvano Luciani <silvano.luci...@google.com
>  GoogleReports.png
> 250KViewDownload

Johnny Hom

Apr 3, 2012, 1:34:21 AM4/3/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Silvano,
Thanks for the update.
Question, how about the Adense report for search.
Is there anything special that I need to do to get this data?
Or do I simply have to know the particular ad client ids ahead of time?

Johnny

Silvano Luciani

Apr 3, 2012, 7:06:44 AM4/3/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hello Johnny,

you can use the adclients.list method to retrieve the list of the AD
clients for the AdSense account:
https://developers.google.com/adsense/management/v1.1/reference/adclients

The value of the field 'productCode' corresponds to the PRODUCT_CODE
report dimension, so for instance for AdSense for Search the value of
the field is "AFS". In this way you can retrieve the list of AD
clients IDs for the product/s of interest, and then filter the report
by those AD clients IDs.

Cheers,
Silvano