Reported earnings and calculated earnings not the same

Niels Schenk

Mar 4, 2014, 8:22:58 AM3/4/14
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using the python library to request a report. I'm using quite a lot of dimensions which reduces many of the reported earnings per row to zero when rounded to two decimal places. This results in large discrepancies when adding up all earnings since earnings aren't zero but very small (<0.005). The solution we're trying out at the moment is calculating earnings based on INDIVIDUAL_AD_IMPRESSIONS_RPM. The problem is that when calculating the earnings metric ourselves by calculating INDIVIDUAL_AD_IMPRESSIONS_RPM/1000*INDIVIDUAL_AD_IMPRESSIONS, total earnings are off. They're not off by much. The difference is only 0.01 based on reporting for one day. Still, we'd like to see no difference between total earnings reported by the API and total earnings that we calculate. Is there any way to make sure that total earnings for a given date range correspond to total earnings reported for a given date range, even when requesting a large number of dimensions?

Thanks,

Niels

Jose Alcérreca (AdSense API Team)

Mar 4, 2014, 9:45:26 AM3/4/14
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niels,

There's no way to get better EARNINGS I'm afraid, it's always going to be rounded hence the problems you're experiencing. Your clever hack is going to be as good as it gets.

Cheers,
Jose

---
Jose Alcérreca
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902