Re: Sandbox to live

Sérgio Gomes (AdSense API Team)

Jan 23, 2013, 2:20:22 PM1/23/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashesh,

Apologies for the late reply.

1. If you're ready to move to production, feel free to send us an email with the details of the callback URL that you want to use in production (which may be the same as the one for your sandbox account, depending on your needs), and we'll get you started!
2. The method you list is the correct way of getting the publisher IDs based on old client IDs (which in most cases should just be a case of removing the "ca-" prefix anyway). This may be an account which has been closed or disapproved for some reason?

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 16:49:17 UTC, Ashesh wrote:
Hi Sérgio,

Thanks for the contin ued support. Finally I was able to bring together the complete process from sigup to adcode generation using the sanbox account provided. We already have an approved account running old version. Few questions:

1. How to move from sandbox to live account?
2. How to upgrade the existing users to new code? I tried https://developers.google.com/adsense/host/v4.1/accounts/get using an existing (old) client id but I got account not found.

Ashesh Bharadwaj

Jan 24, 2013, 9:08:05 AM1/24/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sérgio for the reply.

#2 Upgrade for old clients seems I am not getting it. If old code has following values:

google_ad_client="pub-8957300207429294";
google_ad_host="pub-8765049832089938";

What should be the values for "accountId" and "adClientId" to be entered here https://developers.google.com/adsense/host/v4.1/accounts/adunits/list

Regards,

Ashesh Bharadwaj

Sérgio Gomes (AdSense API Team)

Jan 25, 2013, 1:05:48 PM1/25/13
to adsen...@googlegroups.com, ash...@paradisepublishers.com
Hi Ashesh,

Is this a real, existing account that you're trying to use with your sandbox Host account? That won't work, since the accounts are not associated to start with (your publisher is associated to your production account, not your sandbox one), and if you try to associate them it will fail -- sandbox host accounts can only be associated with sandbox publisher accounts, for safety reasons.

In order to test listing ad units and similar functionality, you'll need to create your own sandbox publisher accounts by following the signup flow. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Sérgio

---