accessing the relation between host channel and publisher

Group Participant

Dec 10, 2012, 3:04:59 AM12/10/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Assuming the following:

> Publisher p1 has an adunit a1.
> Host channel h1 is tracking data for a1.

Is there a way via the API to discover that p1 and h1 are indirectly connected?

I want to generate a report for p1 for which the rows are like:

<host channel id1> <imps and other stats>
<host channel id2> <imps and other stats>
<host channel id3> <imps and other stats>
etc.

Another form, searching on host channel, which would also be usable:

<publisher id1> <imps and other stats>
<publisher id2> <imps and other stats>
<publisher id3> <imps and other stats>
etc.

Or, if all individual relations between host channels and publishers could be retrieved, I could just make an API call for each combination to get the stats.

The crux of this all being I need to get the relations.  If they can't be accessed through the API I'll have to store them locally at the time of their creation, something I don't want to have to build new code to support.

Sérgio Gomes (AdSense API Team)

Dec 11, 2012, 10:12:56 AM12/11/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

We don't actually have that information, as the channels are not associated with the ad unit itself, but rather with the generated ad code, which is a stateless process. This means we don't really store the knowledge of this ad-hoc association on our end; rather we just record impression-time stats that can be retrieved through reporting.

If you don't want to store this locally, you can always look into and parse the generated ad code, which I assume you're storing already?

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

Group Participant

Dec 11, 2012, 7:30:18 PM12/11/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Your last sentence was the hint I needed; thank you very much.

2012年12月12日水曜日 0時12分56秒 UTC+9 Sérgio Gomes (AdSense API Team):