Report Collection Meaning of metrics PAGE_VIEWS_CTR and TOTAL_EARNINGS

Max Glaser

Feb 29, 2012, 4:35:35 PM2/29/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hello Silvano,

My problem with the URL caching has been solved with the newest Google API Client version for PHP.

Now I want to understand correctly the metrics PAGE_VIEWS_CTR and TOTAL_EARNINGS from the report collection (http://code.google.com/apis/adsense/management/v1/reference.html#collection_reports)

- PAGE_VIEWS_CTR should be the "Page CTR" from the AdSense front-end. Isn't it? I always get from the API a wrong value. For example 0.02, but the front-end shows 1.96

- TOTAL_EARNINGS should be the total sum of the different products (content, search, etc.) I am right here? But I always get 0 from the API.

Thank You four your help!

Regards,
Max Glaser

Max Glaser

Mar 1, 2012, 7:55:04 AM3/1/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
It seems that the API is returning  PAGE_VIEWS_CTR / 100 of the  value  Page CTR  of AdSense frotend.

Regards,
Max Glaser

Silvano Luciani

Mar 1, 2012, 8:47:23 AM3/1/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hello Max,

The AdSense website shows the PAGE CTR as a percentage, while the
value returned from the API is the ratio. So 1.96% ~= 0.02.

About the earnings, you should be using the EARNINGS metric. Let me
know if after changing metric you still experience discrepancy between
the earnings shown in the AdSense website and what the API returns to
you.

Cheers,
Silvano

--
Silvano Luciani | Developer Programs Engineer

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London
SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

On Mar 1, 12:55 pm, Max Glaser <max.gla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that the API is returning  *PAGE_VIEWS_CTR / 100* of the  value  *Page
> CTR*  of AdSense frotend.
>
> Regards,
> Max Glaser

Max Glaser

Mar 1, 2012, 9:22:57 AM3/1/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hello Silvano,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Yes, your right,  the PAGE_VIEWS_CTR is a ratio and has the  same value as  the Page CTR on the frontend.

The metric EARNINGS is also quite accurate to the value of the frontend with a small delay, but it only returns the value of the product AdSense for Content. I still suppose that the metric TOTAL_EARNINGS should return the earnings sum of all products (content, search, etc.). But currently this metric is always empty.

Regards,
Max

Silvano Luciani

Mar 1, 2012, 10:04:24 AM3/1/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hello Max,

the metric EARNINGS should return the value for all the products that
you are using and that are generating earnings, that is the metric
that you should use.
Can you check in the AdSense website if under Performance reports >
Products there are more products listed?

Cheers,
Silvano

--

On Mar 1, 2:22 pm, Max Glaser <max.gla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Silvano,
>
> Thank you for the quick reply!
>
> Yes, your right,  the PAGE_VIEWS_CTR is a ratio and has the  same value as
>  the Page CTR on the frontend.
>
> The metric EARNINGS is also quite accurate to the value of the frontend
> with a small delay, but it only returns the value of the product *AdSense
> for Content*. I still suppose that the metric TOTAL_EARNINGS should return

Max Glaser

Mar 1, 2012, 10:31:42 AM3/1/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Silvano, I have several products, but the metric EARNINGS only  returns the value of the product AdSense for Content.

Silvano Luciani

Mar 1, 2012, 11:45:51 AM3/1/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hi Max,

by any chance are you filtering by AdClient ID?

Cheers,
Silvano

--
Silvano Luciani | Developer Programs Engineer

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London
SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

Max Glaser

Mar 1, 2012, 2:16:34 PM3/1/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Silvano,

Yes, I was filtering by AdClient ID. Now,  EARNINGS  is showing the sum  of all products :-) Thank You!

Could you tell me the meaning of the metric TOTAL_EARNINGS?

Regards,
Max Glaser

Silvano Luciani

Mar 2, 2012, 1:48:27 PM3/2/12
to AdSense API Forum
Hello Max,

TOTAL_EARNINGS is a metric defined only for AdSense Host API users,
for regular users it's not defined.

Cheers,
Silvano