Error using google-api-python-client-1.0c1

Johnny Hom

Dec 11, 2012, 10:43:34 PM12/11/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I have a daily job using the Google Python Adsense API client calling report_service:

result = report_service.reports().generate(

            startDate=eventStart, endDate=eventEnd,

            filter=['AD_CLIENT_ID==' + ad_client_id],

            metric=['EARNINGS', 'CLICKS', 'AD_REQUESTS', 'MATCHED_AD_REQUESTS',  'PAGE_VIEWS', 'INDIVIDUAL_AD_IMPRESSIONS'],

            dimension=['DATE', 'AD_CLIENT_ID','DOMAIN_NAME'], #removing DOMAIN_NAME for supplemental report

            sort=['+DATE']).execute()

In the past week, we have been experiencing corrupt data. Some rows are returning garbled data, some are merely chopping the last column 'INDIVIDUAL_AD_IMPRESSIONS'.

We run the job everday at 8AM PST. When we rerun the job at 9AM PST, it appears fine.

Is there any reason for the API to be acting strangely at this time of day?

Should we be upgrading to the latest release?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Johnny T. Hom

BI Applications Engineer, Data Insights Group

Demand Media

www.demandmedia.com

Kirkland, WA
5808 Lake Washington Blvd., Suite 300
Kirkland, WA 98033

email johnn...@demandmedia.com

phone 425-298-2344

mobile 425-894-7822

Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Demand Media, Inc. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.

Jose Alcérreca (AdSense API Team)

Dec 12, 2012, 5:09:03 AM12/12/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johnny!

Can you log the result and check if there are any warnings?

Should be accessible with

result['warnings']

Thanks,
Jose

---
Jose Alcérreca
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

Google Inc.| Developer Relations | AdSense API Team | developers .google.com/adsense