AdSense - v1.4 - Account reports - [403 - Forbidden]

esteban...@labcavegames.com

Dec 6, 2018, 2:33:40 PM12/6/18
to AdSense API Forum
I have been facing a problem for about three days.

My job is to get admob application data reports for different clients.

I mean, I have to get reports for different pub-ids. This is working for all the accounts except for one, which is precisely ours.

The query I do is:

And the message I get is:
{
    "error": {
        "errors": [
            {
                "domain": "global",
                "reason": "reportingQuotaExceeded",
                "message": "Reporting quota exceeded."
            }
        ],
        "code": 403,
        "message": "Reporting quota exceeded."
    }
}

As I say, this query for other pub-id works perfectly but for three days for a pub-id in particular is not working giving this error.

I have read that there is a size limit in the generated report, but even filtering for fewer dimensions the error is the same.

I have also looked at the quota that I currently carry and it is far from the marked limit, attached image.

What can be happening so that the requests to this account stop working?

Thanks to all for any input.
Captura de pantalla 2018-12-04 a las 9.55.23.png

Donovan McMurray

Dec 6, 2018, 2:44:27 PM12/6/18
to AdSense API Forum
Hi, Esteban.

As you mentioned, you're likely running into our API reporting limits. We have a number of suggestions for getting around these limits, some of which it sounds like you've tried. You can also paginate your reports by using the startIndex and maxResults fields, fetching up to 5000 rows at a time.

Please let me know if you continue to experience this issue after trying these suggestions.

Thanks,
Donovan McMurray, AdSense API Team

esteban...@labcavegames.com

Dec 7, 2018, 11:33:21 AM12/7/18
to AdSense API Forum
Hi Donovan!

Thanks for your reply :D

I have tried everything and the error is still the same:
  • Set the parameter alt = csv and alt=media
  • Try to make the request with maxResults = 1/100/1000 and with/without startIndex
  • Make the request with fewer dimensions (by date and clicks only)
  • Make the request from different machines and ips
  • Stop making request for a full day
As I say, this only happens for a particular account, I have guaranteed access again, refreshed tokens ... and the quota error follows.

Is there a place where I can see how many requests are made to a specific pub-id? This could be done because the problem is only in our account, the reports for other clients work perfectly.

At this point I think the problem is the account or the pub-id in particular. Can there be a problem with a specific pub-id? I mean, some type of ban or prohibition, anyway I can login in admob with this account and see the reports from the web, so this case is very strange.

I'm really desperate, taking these reports makes us decide how many ads we request through Admob instead of other advertising networks.

Thank you all

Donovan McMurray

Dec 7, 2018, 11:38:28 AM12/7/18
to AdSense API Forum