API-acquisition of advert data, and custom presentation on search page.

carl0s

May 5, 2012, 12:01:52 PM5/5/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
How can I obtain text adwords data (e.g. JSON) for custom presentation within my search engine?
I know of a site doing exactly that. (screenshot: http://www.internetsomething.com/test.png ). Those adverts at the top are AdWords. The data comes straight from the site though - it's not client-side javascript as far as I can see.

We supply/install/maintain computers and networks here in England and we set our Google-like home/search page as the out-of-box default for the customer. We have previously used the Google-hosted Custom Search Engine, but now are building our own, and using the Custom Search API to obtain search data. We want to display adverts along with it, in a clean and integrated fashion like Google do on their homepage, and like the example site does in the screenshot. Of course the adverts need to tie in with what the user searches for, because this is a search engine!

Can anybody please point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Carl

Sérgio Gomes

May 8, 2012, 10:53:28 AM5/8/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

I'm afraid this is unrelated to the AdSense APIs. You'll probably have better luck in the CSE help seciton: http://support.google.com/customsearch/?hl=en

Cheers,
Sérgio

---
Sérgio Gomes
Developer Relations

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

---

carl0s

May 8, 2012, 7:08:34 PM5/8/12
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sérgio. I will have a look, although I had already searched very extensively before posting on here.
I can't help thinking these guys must have "special" treatment from Google, much like Dell do/did. They are suppliers of questionable-ish home/search hijacking software aimed at kids. It's http://search.sweetim.com.
I am wondering if they are actually closely linked to, or part of LabPixies, who were acquired by Google a year or two ago. That might explain the apparent special treatment.

Or, I could be totally wrong, and it's just not mentioned in the CSE API documentation.

Thanks,
Carl

Anyway, I'm surprised that the Adsense API doesn't cater for retrieval of adverts for displaying on websites though.