Strange Error Message Intermittently-"Activation Not Successful"

Rick_S...@adobeforums.com

May 7, 2005, 6:08:01 PM5/7/05
I recently have had this error message pop up "Activation was not successful. Please try again after rebooting your computer. If this persists, you may have to reinstall the program". If I try again RIGHT after the message, PPRO 1.5 starts fine. This message seemed to appear after installing Zone Alarm Security Suite, but that may just be a coincidence. I have all of the program executables given rights to my "trusted" and "internet" zones, so I do not see how this can be a problem with the firewall.

Any suggestions?

Aanarav...@adobeforums.com

May 7, 2005, 7:03:50 PM5/7/05
Zone Alarm is the culprit and has been for quite a while. I am not sure if this was fixed or not, but try downloading the latest updates from Zone Alarm to see if they help.

If not, use a different firewall :)

Phil_...@adobeforums.com

May 9, 2005, 7:53:46 AM5/9/05
Same problem here - started occuring immediately after installing the latest version of ZA -(sigh).

Phil.

Geor...@adobeforums.com

May 22, 2005, 6:10:04 AM5/22/05
Same problem with PPRO 1.5 and only with PPRO 1.5. What I don't get is why only PPRO and not the other the Adobe products e.g. CS2.