not clickable to clickable

jim_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 4, 2009, 4:30:35 AM3/4/09
Hi Everyone

I have made a horizontal navbar in Photoshop following a tutorial from tutvid. I now need to make that navbar's 5 icons clickable but obviously they are all in one image. Which program would I use to do this and how would I do it.
Can anyone point me to a tutorial that shows how to turn a static image of a navbar into clickable links?

Thanks all

Jim

Ed Hannigan

Mar 4, 2009, 7:06:32 AM3/4/09
What are you using to construct your page? You need to slice (or make image maps) the image and make the slices links in the HTML. This can be done in Photoshop or ImageReady, or Dreamweaver or in other applications that will output HTML.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 4, 2009, 8:24:32 AM3/4/09
you don't NEED to slice it. you can also do an image map in html.

<http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_map.asp>

Phosąfour dots

Mar 4, 2009, 11:17:44 AM3/4/09
You beat me to it, Dave.