Asterisk on Efficiency

Edwin_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 25, 2009, 7:01:51 PM2/25/09
CS4 reports Efficiency as "Efficiency: 100%*". Does the trailing asterisk have any meaning? I've not been able to find any reference to this asterisk in the help file.

Thanks

Don_Mc...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 10:59:32 AM2/26/09
bump

Fred M Stevens

Feb 26, 2009, 10:29:10 PM2/26/09
back in Photoshop 7 there was a plug-in called "Enable Async I/O" which made disk operations (for writing to and reading from the scratch disk, and maybe with your files) faster. When you had that plug-in enabled (which it was by default), you saw an asterisk next to the efficiency percentage.

I think that maybe they built the plug-in into the program at some point, but didn't remove the asterisk, since I also see that asterisk.

Edwin_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 28, 2009, 9:12:09 AM2/28/09
Thanks, Fred. I'll not worry about it and accept the efficiency # as good.