Photomerge difficulties

M_Ber...@adobeforums.com

Oct 16, 2008, 11:51:42 AM10/16/08
When using the Photomerge tool in CS3 to do merges of 10+ images (10MP RAW), the process almost always stops at the blending step. Images are laid out properly, but the edges are not blended. Is there a particular reason for this? System has 3GB RAM, running XP (SP3).

Note that for smaller merges, the process completes fine.

I'd also be curious to know if the Photomerge facility has been improved in CS4. It works well enough, but on a dual-core 2GHZ system, it still can take 5 minutes to do an 8 image photomerge.

Thanks.

jch...@adobeforums.com

Oct 16, 2008, 11:53:55 PM10/16/08
First make sure that you have plenty of scratch disk space for Photoshop. Try to lower your Photoshop memory usage to see if it makes any difference.

Jeff

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Oct 17, 2008, 5:11:17 PM10/17/08
Yes, Photomerge has some improvements in CS4 (on speed, reliability, memory usage, and quality).

Heiner_...@adobeforums.com

Nov 27, 2008, 9:59:22 AM11/27/08
We have a similar issue :
Last week (20. Novemebr 2008) we upgraded Windows to SP3.
Now Photomerge in Photoshop doesn't work properly. When merging pictures it seems to work, but then instead to show the panorama picture it shows the last picture and a message appears like follows :

"Einige Bilder konnten nicht automatisch ausgerichtet werden"
(Some pictures couldn't be adjusted automatically)

- I reduced the size of the pictures, no change in the result.
- After several times to try the merging again we were getting the same results,
- Sometimes even CS3 crashed itself without any message.
- We were using all options of merging (zyl, prop. etc.) always gettimg the same result.
We were using CS3 since a year and before CS2 since 2006, never having anny difficulties with Photomerge.