Switching colors

Strak...@adobeforums.com

Feb 11, 2009, 9:09:36 AM2/11/09
Hello,

Can anyone help me to achieve the following using Photoshop CS3?
I've got an image of a light blue wave. The wave is not a solig color, but consists of many blue variations. The background of this image is white.
Now I want to paint the background blue and the wave in different shades of white and light blue. How can this be done?

Thanks,
Arno

Myle...@adobeforums.com

Feb 11, 2009, 1:36:03 PM2/11/09
Not easily. Isolate the wave on a separate layer with selection tools, then from there further isolate the color ranges. Eithre really select them, or use adjustment layers with selective ranges, their coverage controlled with layer masks. The rest is just patience and the occasional use of the brush and smudge to overpaint areas not covered by selections...

Mylenium