Re: Cintiq 21UX Lines are not smooth in Photoshop CS

Pengu...@adobeforums.com

Jul 4, 2008, 8:01:00 AM7/4/08
also have this issue

chris

<http://www.purplepenguinmedia.co.uk>

Greg_C...@adobeforums.com

Jul 4, 2008, 8:41:42 AM7/4/08
Hmm haven't posted on here in a while - my situation regarding this hasn't changed either - my attempt to work it out with adobe themselves ended in a ridiculously pathetic manner despite weeks of following their directions and sending them a lot of examples and talking with them for hours on the phone... @_@; they just told me it was natural and normal and exactly how PS was supposed to work!

I honestly hope they have listened to the many people who complained about this (and if you haven't already - please do your bit by complaining directly to Adobe - they'll only take notice if a large percentage of users tell them!)

Anyway... I gotta stop now or I'll just get so mad it won't be good for me... grrrrraaargggg!!!!!! too late!!! I've turned into the HULK...

Hey PenguinLad - could you post some basic specs of what you're using (PC / Mac / Tablet model etc and also a screengrab / example of the issue - Thanks :)

Greg

boblevine

Jul 4, 2008, 8:54:51 AM7/4/08
PenquinLad was nothing but a spammer. His messages have been deleted.

Bob

Greg_C...@adobeforums.com

Jul 4, 2008, 9:00:12 AM7/4/08
Yay - spam :D :sarcastic:

don't we all just love spam... not...

thanks Rob :)

Raymond...@adobeforums.com

Sep 3, 2008, 3:13:17 PM9/3/08
Cintiq 21UX the line problem is screen resolution, on the mac pro you have to use the dvi-d adapter to the dual dvi card otherwise the system won't recognise it and default the resolution to somthing like 863 x 10 somthing instead of 1600 x 1200. FYI the monitor flip when using 2 monitors can be programed via Functions to one of the 8 buttons. I didn't see this info on any sites. Good luck...

CREAT...@adobeforums.com

Sep 19, 2008, 9:42:15 PM9/19/08
To Raymond Murray.....This Adobe Photoshop web thread has absolutely nothing to do with screen resolution...... I think you did not read this thread before you posted......anybody out there find a solution to our problem yet.....cheers Mike

dave_mi...@adobeforums.com

Sep 19, 2008, 10:03:33 PM9/19/08
cs4 is only months away! :)

Greg_C...@adobeforums.com

Sep 19, 2008, 10:01:38 PM9/19/08
Nope not yet I'm afraid - and I'm too busy working now to keep trying to get it into Adobe's head that this IS a problem that should be fixed - for goodness sake they managed to exactly replicate the issue when I opened a web-case with them before! How much more reason do they need to at least give us a little more smoothing for our brushes, so we don't look like we have the shakes constantly! They took months of my time and effort and then Adobe tech tell me: 'that's the way it's supposed to work'... <_< errr... ...ok I'll stop now before i get any more annoyed!

:sarcastic lol:

Ho hum - sorry for the rant :/ - at least I have illustrator!

Greg_C...@adobeforums.com

Sep 19, 2008, 10:15:01 PM9/19/08
lets hope they fix it in cs4 eh :) you'll have to forgive me for not being too hopeful on that one but it'll be interesting to see what they've done anyways!

tedm71

Sep 22, 2008, 12:42:09 AM9/22/08
For the Mac users who have been keeping an eye on this thread, I recently gave the CS4 beta a test run on a Mac Pro 8-core Intel machine running Leopard w/Cintiq 21UX and the shaky brush problem has been fixed. Just to make sure I wasn't seeing things, I ran CS3 on the same machine and the wobbly lines were still there.

Greg_C...@adobeforums.com

Sep 22, 2008, 5:36:53 AM9/22/08
There's a Photoshop CS4 beta!? where? Sounds awesome though - looking forward to checkin it out myself :)

Robert_...@adobeforums.com

Sep 22, 2008, 11:40:03 AM9/22/08
It isn't public.

<Greg_C...@adobeforums.com> wrote in message

Greg_C...@adobeforums.com

Sep 22, 2008, 1:40:12 PM9/22/08
thanks Robert B - that would explain why I couldn't find it at adobe-labs :P Never the less I look forward to it whenever it arrives and being able to draw smooth lines in PS!

yovan_...@adobeforums.com

Sep 27, 2008, 4:09:26 AM9/27/08
hello,

Im a car designer working for GM. I have experienced the same problem with the lines not being smooth in Photoshop.

I work with a Cintiq 21UX and Photoshop CS2.

Sketchbook pro seems to be fine.

Im really frustrated with this. It would be nice of Adobe and Wacom to look at this issue seriously.

All the best,

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Sep 27, 2008, 9:15:56 AM9/27/08
the other day someone posted that turning on the aero interface in vista helped with the line smoothness. worth a try?

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Sep 27, 2008, 9:57:20 PM9/27/08
bummer. :(

yovan_...@adobeforums.com

Sep 27, 2008, 9:56:05 PM9/27/08
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your tip. Unfortunatly we dont have vista at work to try that option.

CREAT...@adobeforums.com

Oct 20, 2008, 10:20:07 AM10/20/08
Good news just tried the Photoshop CS4 upgrade on both XP and VISTA computers and line quality is smooth ;-).....Finally......a very big thanks probably goes out to Greg Clifton....I think somebody did listen.....Cheers all.....

Now I can finally enjoy my Cintiq

time to sketch ;-)

Greg_C...@adobeforums.com

Nov 19, 2008, 10:38:27 AM11/19/08
Hey all - I downloaded the photoshop CS4 trial (too skint for upgrade just yet!)

and you should see the grin on my face when using the brush tool now - smoooooooooth! (just be sure to turn off vertical sync under prefs/performance/GPU settings/advanced... or you're likely to have uber-lag) :) I also downloaded the AI trial and seeing intelligent tweaks and changes in both applications that just make sense!

I think finally this may be an upgrade that's going to make a difference to my workflow in a good way! (when I can get the workspace back as it should be - lol!)

Check out the difference! :

<http://www.lordart.co.uk/filedump/line-quality.jpg>
<http://www.lordart.co.uk/filedump/line-quality2.jpg>