quick selection tool error message

1 view

Joan Myers

Feb 25, 2009, 1:07:02 PM2/25/09
When I use the quick selection tool (or when I use content-aware scaling) I get an error message saying "could not complete your request because of a program error." I am working with NEF files, 4 GB of RAM, fast machine with plenty of scratch space, Radeon X1950 crossfire graphics card. With small .jpg files, the problem doesn't occur. Thanks for any help.

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Feb 25, 2009, 2:36:20 PM2/25/09
Have you tried turning off OpenGL acceleration?
Have you tried the 11.0.1 update?

Joan Myers

Feb 25, 2009, 6:53:03 PM2/25/09
Thanks for your reply. I did the update, which seemed to take care of the quick selection tool problem. I turned off OpenGL, which seems to take care of the content-aware scaling problem.

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Feb 25, 2009, 7:19:29 PM2/25/09
Ok, but you still get a program error with 11.0.1 when OpenGL on when using content aware scaling - right?

Well, at least you have a workaround.
But it sounds like we have another bug.

Joan Myers

Feb 26, 2009, 1:19:22 PM2/26/09
That's right, Chris... and even when I turn it off, it seems erratic as to whether or not the scaling works. I just tried it again and couldn't get it to work without the program error message even when I turned it off. I suspect that if I reboot the whole machine it might work but I'm not sure. Something is buggy in there.