Photoshop CS4 install problem

Graeme...@adobeforums.com

Mar 8, 2009, 4:15:19 PM3/8/09
Hi
I am trying to install photoshop CS4 upgrade on Windows XP service pack 3.
I am installing onto a machine with photoshop CS previously installed.

the lable on the box says that it is PHSP.CS4.WIN.UPG.IE.001.DV However, since it has not installed I have no idea what exact version of Photoshop is on the dvd.

The DVD auto runs and give the initial dialog box.
Select the install button
The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Installer dialog box is displayed.
It state that it is initialising and a progress bar appears.
The box state that it is 'checking system profile'
the progress bar gets to about 90% and then just sticks there.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Regards
Graeme

curt_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 8, 2009, 5:50:29 PM3/8/09
Where did you buy it? Lots of illegal copies that don't work properly.

Call Adobe and see if serial number OK. They will help with install problems.

Wesley...@adobeforums.com

Mar 9, 2009, 10:35:33 AM3/9/09
Graeme, sometimes this works.
Try copying the disk onto you hard drive and install from there. It has worked for me a couple of times.

Wes

Graeme...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 5:45:29 AM3/10/09
I bought it from Amazon UK so I thought that would be a reliable source. I had seen the warnings about eBay etc. I have now tried to intall on a different computer but got the same result.

I will try phoning Adobe and I will try copying to hard disk and trying from there.

Thanks
Graeme

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 7:42:03 AM3/10/09
did you buy it directly from amazon ("add it now") or from an amazon reseller ("see all buying options"). if right from amazon you should be fine, if from a reseller, i'd try to get a refund and think about replacing the card you used to purchase it.

John Joslin

Mar 10, 2009, 7:42:32 AM3/10/09
Graeme, was that Amazon UK or a reseller using their site?

John Joslin

Mar 10, 2009, 7:43:47 AM3/10/09
Beat yah! :)

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 8:45:56 AM3/10/09
yes please! :)

o.O

David_E_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:38:46 PM3/10/09
:)

Fred M Stevens

Mar 10, 2009, 8:54:20 PM3/10/09
if you're still having the issue, check this document:

<http://www.adobe.com/go/kb407428>