System requirements

Jay_B...@adobeforums.com

Mar 15, 2009, 8:43:44 PM3/15/09
I have given up hope on getting cs4 to work on my old computer (multiprocessor server board) but what about cs3? My system seems to meet the minimum requirements but I had no luck running cs4 and cs3 is not functioning properly. Can someone take a look at these specs and tell me if this system should run cs3? I know it is an old system but I have not had any problems with it since it was new and do not plan on getting rid of it any time soon.

Tyan Tiger MP (2460) AMD-760 MP Motherboard

2 X Athlon MP 1800+

2 gigs Kingston DDR registered EEC memory

ATI Radeon 9550 256 MB DDR memory (with openGL Support)

Windows Vista Ultimate

Zeno_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 4:50:07 AM3/16/09
I don't see why it shouldn't work, are you getting any errors when trying to install it or what's the problem? As for what the weak point would be, it's the CPU's, they're weak and very old, October 2001 old. I don't think that having vista on that machine is the best idea, XP with it's lower system requirements should run Photoshop better(or maybe Windows 7 but that's only coming out in winter)

Jay_B...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 7:22:48 AM3/16/09

I don't think that having vista on that machine is the best idea <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?224@@4ad180b3@.59b837e7/0>

I don't think having vista on any machine is the best Idea but..... :)

WOW 2001, I forget how old this machine was(paid over $800.00 for 2x 1gig stick for reg. EEC memory)but it has always ran perfectly.

So photoshop will run on windows 7? Guess there is one way to find out(I have a beta copy I have been waiting to try out)maybe a dual boot.

I just got cs3 running.(Disabled windows Aero among other things)

I spent too much time on cs4,had problems installing,problems getting past the splash screen and was unable to open a new file or load a picture.Oh well let's see what happens with the latest and greatest windows.

Bart_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 8:01:17 AM3/16/09
Jay: I recently did an upgrade to my hardware. I loved the old one, it ran fine, but when it came to the newer apps (beginning with CS2) it started to show its age. Despite what you spent, you really should upgrade the hardware.

boblevine

Mar 16, 2009, 8:26:08 AM3/16/09
> I don't think having vista on any machine

I'd put Vista in the same category as Photoshop. Give it plenty of RAM,
fast processors and 64 bit.

> So photoshop will run on windows 7?

From limited testing, all of the CS4 apps appear to run beautifully.

> I just got cs3 running.(Disabled windows Aero among other things)

Many people have reported that disabling Aero actually slows Photoshop down.

Bob