Error Code 148:3

Aaron_Ca...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 3:25:22 PM3/16/09
I have a message that comes up whenever I try to open Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended.

"Licensing for this product has stopped working.

This product has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be launched

If you continue to see this message after restarting your computer, please contact either your IT administrator or Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error 148:3

<http://www.adobe.com/support>"

I restarted several times but I still get the error. How do I fix this?

John_T...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 3:27:55 PM3/16/09
This is a user to user forum, not Adobe support... so you might want to call Adobe

steve_g...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 5:55:15 PM3/16/09
hi Aaron,

You can try the suggestions from this KB doc (link below) as well, before calling Tech Support.

<http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405970>

regards,
steve

John Joslin

Mar 16, 2009, 6:01:36 PM3/16/09
John T Smith

I think you overdo it a bit mate!

Aaron_Ca...@adobeforums.com

Mar 17, 2009, 1:03:11 AM3/17/09
I went there but whenever I click on a solution it just takes me back to the same page. Hrm.

steve_g...@adobeforums.com

Mar 17, 2009, 2:12:44 AM3/17/09
Right, the solution links are all on the same page. The link just sets the scroll so the section is at the top.

John_T...@adobeforums.com

Mar 17, 2009, 11:55:09 AM3/17/09

I think you overdo it a bit mate!

The OP said the message told him to call Adobe tech support

He did not SAY he had called Adobe and their tech support could not help

Sometimes, the given instructions are the best place to start... especially when the problem concerns a license (or activation) which would SEEM to be fixed only by Adobe

corydz...@gmail.com

May 6, 2009, 2:40:23 AM5/6/09

You won't necessarily need to re-install the application suite as
suggested by the error, it could be a simple FLEXNet Licensing Service
issue, which can easily be resolved as described next.

Fixing Adobe CS2/CS3/CS4 Licensing Issue:

Go to Start -> Run, type in services.msc in Run box and press Enter.
Navigate to FLEXnet Licensing Service and enable it by double clicking
on it. You'll also want to right click on it, select "properties" and
make sure it is set to run upon Windows startup.

Pietrod

Jun 26, 2009, 3:25:52 PM6/26/09

<------------------THIS IS THE REAL ANSWER