Can't uninstall CS3 after installing CS4

Ken_...@adobeforums.com

Nov 16, 2008, 4:00:28 PM11/16/08
After I got CS4 installed and working ok, I tried to uninstall CS3. A dialog window showed two components that could be uninstalled; CS3 and Shared components. Both were checked and grayed out so that I could not uncheck Shared components. How can I uninstall CS3?

Anthon...@adobeforums.com

Nov 17, 2008, 4:03:03 AM11/17/08
Get the CS4 cleanup tool from the Adobe website. This has a menu option (no.2 as I recall) to deal with this problem. It certainly worked for me.

Anthony.

Ken_...@adobeforums.com

Nov 17, 2008, 12:17:02 PM11/17/08
Thanks, I spoke to Adobe and they said that all I had to do was be patient. The uninstall took about 40 minutes, and it was quite a while before the progress bar budged.