Unable to Install Photoshop 7.0

Amy_Gu...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 3:45:33 PM3/10/09
I bought a brand new version of the older Photoshop 7.0 for my computer today. i am running a dell Xps 630 intel core processor Q9550, i have XP loaded onto it, i put the photoshop 7.0 CD into the cd rom drive i get the auto play and selected the language and pressed accept from the menu then install button it runs for a few min and nothing.I hope someone could help me:( i paid alot of money for this program i would hate to see it go to waste...

Amy

David_E_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 3:50:09 PM3/10/09
Where did you buy this copy from? Craigslist?

Ed Hannigan

Mar 10, 2009, 3:57:37 PM3/10/09
What is a brand new version of the older Photoshop 7.0 ?

J_Ma...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:03:56 PM3/10/09

Amy_Gu...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:03:05 PM3/10/09
I just got it in the mail this morning it was unopened & unused. i bought it from E-bay from a seller who had a very good rep. I called Adobe support but they where unable to help me and suggested i come here

boblevine

Mar 10, 2009, 4:03:54 PM3/10/09
Where did you buy it and what's your definition of a lot of money?
Photoshop 7 is four versions out of date and isn't even eligible for
upgrade pricing.

I'd say your chances of having purchased a legitimate legal copy are
less than one percent. I hope you manage to beat the odds but we need
more information.

Bob

David_E_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:05:46 PM3/10/09
Well I hate to tell you this but it is very easy to seal and wrap boxes....... If you put this on a credit card I would ask for my money back.

Amy_Gu...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:06:35 PM3/10/09
I don't have elements

Amy_Gu...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:11:09 PM3/10/09
I was unable to put the serial number in yet so how can you say i got a product that might have been used? i can't get it loaded period no prompt for a serial number or anything

David_E_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:31:48 PM3/10/09
Try this:
Defrag your hard drive
Go into xp services and make sure windows installer is in auto
MSconfig: turnoff all starting software you don't want running
make sure any antivirus is off
Not sure if xp has windows defender but if so, turn it off

Amy_Gu...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 5:08:17 PM3/10/09
Ok i will try this, this computer is 2 weeks old so i am not sure if defraging it is nessesary..

Amy_Gu...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 5:30:09 PM3/10/09
I tried turning everything off and still nothing.. i guess i will have to return it.. thanks for your help

John_T...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 6:52:18 PM3/10/09
Create a directory on your hard drive and copy EVERYTHING from the CD to that directory... then run setup.exe from there

Amy_Gu...@adobeforums.com

Mar 11, 2009, 3:40:48 PM3/11/09
How do i do this? make a new directory??

Anthon...@adobeforums.com

Mar 11, 2009, 4:03:30 PM3/11/09
Amy: 'make a new directory' is just a slightly different way of saying 'make a new folder'. Does that help?

Anthony.

Jeffrey...@adobeforums.com

Mar 11, 2009, 5:18:27 PM3/11/09
What OS are you running?
If you're running 64-bit (which is what Dell is now putting in most of their high-end machines by default), you're out of luck.

boblevine

Mar 11, 2009, 5:26:00 PM3/11/09
The OP has stated XP...Dell is not using the 64 bit version of XP for
anything.

Bob

Jeffrey...@adobeforums.com

Mar 11, 2009, 5:44:10 PM3/11/09
Wow, I read the OP twice looking for an OS.
I need a nap.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 13, 2009, 12:47:45 AM3/13/09

so how can you say i got a product that might have been used?

it's not "used" it's probably a pirated copy. probably even a good one.

yea...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2009, 1:26:08 PM3/13/09
Obviuosly your Photshop is not pirated. I had brand new Photoshop 7
installed on the school computer and it worked very well. However, the
school just changed the domain and moved everything to a new server.
After that, my WS FTP and Photoshop stopped working. I tried to
reinstall and got the same situation as yours. I reformatted the
hardisk, create a new directory for the installation, turn antovirus
off, and make sure the account is administrator, none of them is
working.

After double clicking setup.exe, it's just nothing. When you check
task manager, the setup.exe didn't show in applications, but it did
show in processes with CPU usage 0. Don't know why.

yea...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2009, 2:38:21 PM3/13/09
I just successfully installed it under safe mode. Don't know why.