How do I scale the image layer and the alpha at the same time?

Dean Fritzel

Feb 6, 2009, 2:02:09 PM2/6/09
Question is self explanatory...

Thanks,

Dean

Wolf_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 6, 2009, 2:35:40 PM2/6/09
One way is to make the layer a Smart Object.

Dean Fritzel

Feb 6, 2009, 2:52:24 PM2/6/09
I just tried that and it didn't affect the alpha channel at all.

Any other ideas?

Dean

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Feb 6, 2009, 3:22:29 PM2/6/09
Alpha channels are not connected to layers in any way - they are just extra channels independent of the color content of the image (well, unless you're using a spot color overlay).

Now, if you meant Transparency/Opacity instead of an alpha channel - that is part of the layer and scales automatically.

Dean Fritzel

Feb 6, 2009, 3:40:39 PM2/6/09
No. I meant alpha channel. So there is no way to scale them both at the same time?

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Feb 6, 2009, 4:37:58 PM2/6/09
Nope. They're not logically connected.

pfigen

Feb 6, 2009, 4:41:13 PM2/6/09
All you have to do is do your Transform on the image layer and then activate your Alpha channel and go to the the Transform>Transform Again command and your alpha will be transformed the same.

Dean Fritzel

Feb 6, 2009, 4:52:34 PM2/6/09
Thanks guys.