Color Replacement Tool suddenly won't work

angelique...@adobeforums.com

Feb 9, 2009, 12:20:15 PM2/9/09
Last night I used the color replacement tool without a problem. Today, no matter what I have set for the foreground color, the "replacing" color is grey, OR I don't see any replacing going on at all.

My mode is set to "color." I have tried all the sampling styles, check and unchecking the aliasing box and all the limits options. Nothing!

Geoff_K...@adobeforums.com

Feb 9, 2009, 2:27:26 PM2/9/09
When you are using the eye dropper, right click and see what it is set for, it may have been changed to a high value.
Geoff

angelique...@adobeforums.com

Feb 9, 2009, 3:43:05 PM2/9/09
It's set on "point sample." It works, too; the color that I click on while pointing with the eyedropper tool appears as my foreground color. But the color replacement tool doesn't seem to be picking up that color.

Geoff_K...@adobeforums.com

Feb 9, 2009, 4:35:57 PM2/9/09
You have to click on the Result box in the replacement part of the dialog box to pick the color that you want to be the replacement, the top part of the dialog box is used to pick which color is to be replaced. Is this what you are doing?
Geoff.

angelique...@adobeforums.com

Feb 9, 2009, 6:35:05 PM2/9/09
What dialog box? I just have toolbar. How do I get a dialog box?

Geoff_K...@adobeforums.com

Feb 9, 2009, 7:45:12 PM2/9/09
Oooops sorry, I thought you were using Replace Color, (Image/Adjustments/Replace Color...).
Ignore me, it's been a long day!!
Geoff.