PS CS3 Won't Start

Hom...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 12:33:45 PM2/19/09
I’ve been using PS CS3 for a long while. All of a sudden it won’t load. The logo comes on the screen and you can see it reading files. When it gets to “reading preferences” it stops and just hangs.

Suggestions?

Free...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 12:39:15 PM2/19/09
Hold shift + ctrl + alt as you launch (takes a lot of fingers). You'll get a dialog asking if you want to reset preferences. You do.

Hom...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 1:32:49 PM2/19/09
Thanks. That solved the problem. New question. I created a couple of actions that aren't there now. Did this procedure delete them?

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 2:54:22 PM2/19/09
yes, unless you had them saved out in their own action sets.

Hom...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 3:49:43 PM2/19/09
I didn't and get the concept now.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 6:43:00 PM2/19/09
we all live and learn the hard way, one time... save out all your custom stuff!!!