Arrow keys not working on CS2 64 bit system

Greg_Z...@adobeforums.com

Mar 31, 2009, 1:10:18 PM3/31/09
Recently purchased a new computer with 64 bit system 4meg ram. I installed CS2 and everything seems to be working except the arrow keys and the control +/- features. Arrow keys are working in other programs like word and publisher. Any suggerstions?

John Joslin

Mar 31, 2009, 1:14:37 PM3/31/09
Where did you get your CS2 from?

Greg_Z...@adobeforums.com

Mar 31, 2009, 1:47:10 PM3/31/09
I bought it on e-bay. It was a new factory sealed package.

John Joslin

Mar 31, 2009, 1:48:10 PM3/31/09

It was a new factory sealed package.

Yes, but which factory?

See this thread: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c062174/158>

boblevine

Mar 31, 2009, 1:53:06 PM3/31/09
> I bought it on e-bay.

If it's too good to be true...

> It was a new factory sealed package.

Shrink wrap equipment is cheap.

Further, even a legitimate copy of CS2 would be unsupported under Vista
64 and XP 64 is a completely unsupported operating system for any Adobe
software.

Bob

Greg_Z...@adobeforums.com

Mar 31, 2009, 2:29:44 PM3/31/09
I believe that it is a legitmate copy of CS2. I know Adobe does not offer support for CS2, that is why I am using this forum. Are you saying that cs2 should not work with vista 64?

Ozzw...@adobeforums.com

Mar 31, 2009, 2:38:45 PM3/31/09
CS2 on vista 64 is a 'try at your own risk' kind of thing.

I run PS7 on my PC at home with Vista 32....alot of people can't do that...it just depends.

John Joslin

Mar 31, 2009, 2:44:48 PM3/31/09
I would bet that you have a fake – did you read the thread to see how to check it?

boblevine

Mar 31, 2009, 3:10:45 PM3/31/09
> I believe that it is a legitmate copy of CS2.

I believe you believe it, in fact, I believe the seller may even believe
it...But if I were a betting man I'd bet against it.

Bob

OldBob

Mar 31, 2009, 3:15:39 PM3/31/09
Non-functioning arrow keys was a hallmark of one of the pirated versions, if I remember correctly.

Greg_Z...@adobeforums.com

Mar 31, 2009, 3:33:05 PM3/31/09
I read the thread, but I do not understand how to check if it is legitimate or not. Does the Pay Pal plugin tell you that?

John Joslin

Mar 31, 2009, 3:50:53 PM3/31/09
No. Calling Adobe does.

Bart_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 12:05:05 PM4/1/09
CS2 should work with Vista 64, it ran fine for me.

The companies that make pirated version are, just that, companies that have multiple burners, printers for the jackets/serial number tags and shrink-wrap equipment to make them look like the original.

I could get a small company like that running for under 10K and make 100x that before I was discovered being I'm a manufacturer with a retail chain (read E-Bay).

SDA

Apr 1, 2009, 12:50:37 PM4/1/09
@Bart Cross
Actually most are criminal enterprises and you're right; they're businesses.
Here in Toronto we have a large Chinese population. One such "company" was raided and it was just a normal Industrial Park garage, that had rows of burner jukeboxes patched via a router to a workstation. The criminal enterprise then sells to bona fide retailers for a cheap price. This works because most of these ethnic mom/pop stores prefer to sell in cash to customers whom want a sharp deal.

It's not a legit business that burns/makes the software available; It's organized crime. Organized gangs deal in a lot of such businesses; anything that they can make a quick buck in. Yes shrink wrap machines are cheap nowadays.

Bart_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 3:15:07 PM4/1/09
I live in Toronto. Been in the graphics industry for 30+ years.

SDA

Apr 1, 2009, 7:14:56 PM4/1/09
@Bart Cross Interesting; me to for about the same amount of time. Incredible that our paths haven't crossed !

boblevine

Apr 1, 2009, 8:22:29 PM4/1/09
> Incredible that our paths haven't crossed !

How do you know? <g>

Bob

SDA

Apr 2, 2009, 8:15:27 AM4/2/09
@Bob Levine;
LOL
Assuming Bart is using his real name, I don't recognize it and well my name is Stephen (Steve) Allen (SDA being my initials).

Bart_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 2, 2009, 8:31:15 AM4/2/09
A lot of people in Toronto.

SDA

Apr 2, 2009, 8:57:51 AM4/2/09
Hey Bart; Indeed approx 6 million now.

I've worked at BTB (Bradbury, Tamblyn & Bourne) prior to them being bought by BOWNE & Co. in the mid nineties. Mainly prepress at both (old school and digital).