CS4 Fails to launch from LR 2.3RC

Mark_L...@adobeforums.com

Feb 24, 2009, 7:42:00 PM2/24/09
I installed LR 2.3RC a day or two ago and life seemed fine until I installed two plugins for CS4: Nik Sharpener and OnOne PhotoFrame 4.0

Now when I attempt to open images from LR, CS4 opens up but the image never appears and LR pops up an error message saying "The image could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop CS4 failed to launch"

How do I fix this?

boblevine

Feb 24, 2009, 8:08:56 PM2/24/09
> How do I fix this?

Uninstall the plugins.

Bob

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Feb 24, 2009, 9:51:51 PM2/24/09
Or update the plugins.

Mark_L...@adobeforums.com

Feb 25, 2009, 4:06:22 PM2/25/09
Ok, so the deal here is 1) don't be a dope, and 2) see 1.

I forgot to exit PS when I installed the plugins. Madness ensued. Solution: update the plugins with LR and PS exited. Sanity returns.

Just "uninstall the plugins," while accurate, is insufficient. It only solves half the problem. Because the plugins were installed for a reason. If they are installed correctly, they can be expected to work. Knowing that is half the battle.

John Joslin

Feb 25, 2009, 6:15:05 PM2/25/09
8o ?

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 25, 2009, 7:17:12 PM2/25/09
I think he's saying he was being a dope. if you need any further translation, i'm going to charge you.

if he was insinuating that bob and chris are dopes, i'm laughing in his face for being a dope. ha. hahaha! :)

John Joslin

Feb 26, 2009, 4:23:35 AM2/26/09
Aha!