Insert special character in PS CS4

1 view

Alex_Co...@adobeforums.com

Jan 31, 2009, 7:59:02 PM1/31/09
Hi. How do you insert the accented "a" and the accented "i" in Photoshop CS4? I've searched on the web and found reference to special character codes. Where do you find a list of these Alt-code combinations listed? Thanks.

Geoff_K...@adobeforums.com

Jan 31, 2009, 8:07:21 PM1/31/09
Run Character map (charmap.exe). You can copy and paste into PS or use the keystrokes.
Geoff.

Alex_Co...@adobeforums.com

Jan 31, 2009, 8:44:58 PM1/31/09
Thanks, Geoff. That's exactly what I needed.

Geoff_K...@adobeforums.com

Jan 31, 2009, 8:53:41 PM1/31/09
OK Alex, Character map has been in windows for many years but most people don't know it's there.
Geoff.

Ronald Keller

Feb 1, 2009, 11:31:04 AM2/1/09
If you need accented characters on a regular basis you might want to set your keyboard to US International. This makes accents 'dead keys'.
If such dead key is followed by a vowel you get á, ë, ç, Ú etc... very easily.