Re: CS4 Refresh of Menu Bar

1 view
Message has been deleted

Ping Zheng

Mar 1, 2009, 9:30:13 PM3/1/09
First please try to reset the preference
Then try enable/disable OpenGL and update the Graphic Card driver and update Photoshop to 11.0.1
Message has been deleted

El...@adobeforums.com

Mar 2, 2009, 10:24:46 AM3/2/09
I think what Ping (Post 1) was intimating was to rest the 'default' preferences. To do this double-click the Adobe Photoshop icon to start it and then immediately (during start up) hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) to reset the default settings.

Fred M Stevens

Mar 2, 2009, 12:13:24 PM3/2/09
I know that Ping said that the issue may be related to OpenGL, but I think that she's mistaken, despite being a Photoshop QE.

This issue has to do with the Adobe OS Widget Library (OWL), and is something that can be easily reproduced.

OWL is effectively a skin over the top of the Windows API, and doesn't seem to be consistently covering the Photoshop API. I've seen this issue with Illustrator CS4 as well, but it's harder to reproduce.

To reproduce, open a modal dialog (like Image Size or Levels adjustment). It's not entirely consistent, but happens most of the time.

Here are a couple of screen shots:
<http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1GZyafDMFggobQ5gpky0vTAykAb39>

<http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1vvFITWyhtgyCGvFQP7u4zfNl2BG>

<http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1amw63uKVH1vlMz3RBWNSDhEi1cmwh1>

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Adam_J...@adobeforums.com

Mar 2, 2009, 1:53:58 PM3/2/09
While there isn't a fix for this, this only occurs with the Windows Classic theme on XP. If you switch to one of the other XP display themes, you can workaround this.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David_E_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 2, 2009, 6:40:39 PM3/2/09
MikeV99: Here are some drivers dated 2/4/2009 for your card. Now it made read the same drivers but if you read the notes, several opengl problems have been fixed for XP.

<http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/Pages/fire_xp.aspx?type=2.4.3&product=2.4.3.3.2.3.1&lang=English>

I would also suggest downloading the latest directx 9c, .net 3.5, and c++ for 2008. A good defrag would help too.

Also if you have ATI CCC try unchecking triple buffering located in 3D all settings.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted