HELP!!! I LOST MY INSTALL CD PHOTOSHOP CS2 !!!

Mat...@adobeforums.com

Jan 26, 2009, 8:14:35 AM1/26/09
Dear reader,

I've just reinstalled Windows on my PC, and have to reinstall photoshop CS2 as well. But, I've lost my install disc. I've called Adobe to get a new install disc, but they only have CS3 and up :(

Is there anyone who can copy the CD for me, because as Adobe said, this would the only option left, otherwise I must upgrade my license to CS4 :-(

Thank u! Please let me know

Ho

Jan 26, 2009, 9:00:54 AM1/26/09
Adobe advised you to have someone copy their disk and send it to you?

Mat...@adobeforums.com

Jan 26, 2009, 9:04:49 AM1/26/09
Yes they did, because they didn't have a sollution for this problem. Only to buy CS3 or up.

boblevine

Jan 26, 2009, 9:05:32 AM1/26/09
Perfectly legal as long as no serial number accompanies it. No different
than had he made that backup copy himself.

That said, I can't help, I only have suite disks.

Bob

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Jan 26, 2009, 9:29:41 AM1/26/09
there are some sites on the internet that sell software for <ahem> backup purposes where you might be able to pick up a disk. just don't use the accompanying serial #.

boblevine

Jan 26, 2009, 9:31:14 AM1/26/09
Not that I wouldn't trust. Who knows what type of nasties are added to
the code.

Bob

Mat...@adobeforums.com

Jan 26, 2009, 9:34:59 AM1/26/09
Yes Indeed Bob, I don't want a virus or worm on my PC, that's exactly why I reinstalled my Windows ;-) But is there anyone who can make a copy. I'm willing to pay for the copy, but it's much cheaper than buy a upgrade to CS3 or CS4 :)

Mat...@adobeforums.com

Jan 26, 2009, 9:35:51 AM1/26/09
It's only Photoshop CS2 (the English/US version ofcourse)

boblevine

Jan 26, 2009, 10:14:11 AM1/26/09
Upgrade or full retail?

Bob

Mat...@adobeforums.com

Jan 26, 2009, 10:37:09 AM1/26/09
It's a Full retail version

Frank Arthur

Jan 26, 2009, 2:09:52 PM1/26/09

<Mat...@adobeforums.com> wrote in message

> It's a Full retail version

Well I think you described your problem very well.
"I LOST MY INSTALL CD PHOTOSHOP CS2"
Sorry about your loss.

I once lost my wallet a long time ago. Now I am very careful and I
have never lost it since.

Frank

Buko

Jan 26, 2009, 4:26:13 PM1/26/09
How do you lose something you paid $700 for?

boblevine

Jan 26, 2009, 4:33:33 PM1/26/09
That's no help, Buko. I'm sure Matheos is already painfully aware to
backup the software next time.

Bob

Jim_J...@adobeforums.com

Jan 26, 2009, 4:58:43 PM1/26/09
To answer Buko's less than helpful post... <http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/2008prelim/table_4al-ca.html>

As a legitimate license holder that just needs the media, I'd second Dave's suggestion - - but I would not recommend those paid sites when there are other places to get it for free. Wherever you find a copy (even if from a good Samaritan on this forum), be certain to run a full scan for nasty bugaboos on the media and then again on your system after install.

Mat...@adobeforums.com

Jan 27, 2009, 9:28:58 AM1/27/09
Exactly Jim, that's why I hope there's someone who can make a copy of his disc, and as I said, I'm willin' to pay for it. And indeed Buko, I've just bought a version of Acronis "True Image" for making backups, cause it won't happend again!

...meanwhile, could someone help me with a "clean" install disc?

Ho

Jan 27, 2009, 10:25:56 AM1/27/09
Somewhere I have the download version of the CS2 trial which, if memory serves, is the full version and can be unlocked with a SN. Anyone know for sure?

And as far as the backup, you just need to copy the CD and *keep track of it*.

Michae...@adobeforums.com

Jan 27, 2009, 1:41:10 PM1/27/09
Google "Photoshop CS2 Trial" and you may find an installer that will work...

-mt

Jim_J...@adobeforums.com

Jan 27, 2009, 2:55:44 PM1/27/09

Buko

Jan 27, 2009, 5:04:10 PM1/27/09
On the Mac side the CS2 trial could not be made legit with a serial don't no if that's true with the windows side. I was under the impression this was a new feature with CS4 possibly CS3.

Russell...@adobeforums.com

Jan 28, 2009, 11:21:02 PM1/28/09
Out of curiosity I just popped into ftp.adobe.com (Google FileZilla if you need a free ftp client). Log in as anonymous and in the /pub/adobe/Photoshop/win/cs2 folder you'll find all the CS2 trial versions.

(just noticed Jim's post.. he beat me to it..)

Mat...@adobeforums.com

Jan 29, 2009, 2:48:22 AM1/29/09
T H A N K Y O U !!!!!! Thank you again Russell, I've started the download right now!