Horizontal and vertical banding occurs in thin lines of solid colors randomly within the image.

ayha...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 3:03:39 PM3/16/09
Working on a photoshop image. Horizontal and vertical banding occurs in thin lines of solid colors randomly within the image.

They can be repainted out, but with any zoom or tool action more seem to appear.

They exist even after saving and restarting.

Windows XP 64 bit $GB Ram

John_T...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 3:24:12 PM3/16/09
As far as I know (from reading here) Xp64 is not supported by any version of Photoshop... which means you may get it to work, or you may not

Make sure your video card device driver is updated

Run Photoshop in compatibility mode

pupick

Mar 16, 2009, 3:48:09 PM3/16/09
Is it this particular image or all images?
Does it print that way?
If it is a raw image does it look that way when first opened or only after
processed/filtered?
BTW pre-CS4 Photoshop runs fine on WinXP64. Just about nothing else does,
however.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 8:01:02 PM3/16/09
post a screenshot - <http://www.pixentral.com> should do it if you don't have your own space.

ayha...@adobeforums.com

Mar 18, 2009, 5:01:16 PM3/18/09
Hi,Mr. Milbut

I posted a screenshot at

<http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1PFT4MIp4D4y1gp7xePph8ORZzny3>

Thank You
Ayhan

Q_P...@adobeforums.com

Mar 19, 2009, 6:39:02 AM3/19/09
MISTER Milbut. Now that's funny. Sorry dave, I'll move on now.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 19, 2009, 8:16:39 AM3/19/09
:|

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 19, 2009, 8:19:40 AM3/19/09
am i not seeing the banding in the image?

and now i'm at the office and pixentral is blocked.

I can repost the advice of chris cox, adobe engineer though.

Chris Cox - 01:17pm Feb 7, 2003 Pacific (#7 of 15)

If you zoom in and they go away, it's probably the video card.

If you zoom in and out and they change, it's probably bad RAM.

If the image looks fine, you save it, then reload it and it's corrupted
- then it's probably the hard disk.

chris_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 19, 2009, 1:40:42 PM3/19/09
I had a similar thing happen to me with a bad stick of ram...really annoying..

Back up all your images and run XP's memory test - that should help you confirm/eliminate that as a cause.