Photoshop Text: How to increase the Bold size of Text?

Kays...@adobeforums.com

Nov 24, 2008, 12:00:27 PM11/24/08
Hi, I am trying to insert text on my image, (by using photoshop 7.0). I know there is a default style button, "Faux Bold', to simulate the bold style. But I would like to increase the Bold size, is there any way I could do that?

J_Ma...@adobeforums.com

Nov 24, 2008, 12:02:15 PM11/24/08
Use a stroke layer effect. Be sure to preview at 100% zoom.

Bart_...@adobeforums.com

Nov 24, 2008, 1:01:59 PM11/24/08
Kaysa: Better if you got a real bold font, the problem with using a stroke is that the min stroke is 1pt, but you really need less, no more than .5pt because the applied stroke will overlap the other letters. I cannot recall if you can in PS7, but increase the letterspacing for legibility.

Kays...@adobeforums.com

Nov 27, 2008, 9:05:08 AM11/27/08
I tried to limit the stroke size at 0.5px, but the min px is 1px. I afraid it is the limitation of PS7.

Hi Bart Cross, how could i get the real bold font? Mind to elaborate more? Thanks..

Myle...@adobeforums.com

Nov 27, 2008, 1:23:28 PM11/27/08
Depending on what font you use, you may wish to follow procedures and purchase a different font weight. Most professional fonts come as entire families and provide options from light to heavy... Since you will only need one weight, I'm sure you could afford spending those 20 or 40 bucks... Likewise, you can almost always find a font similar to your current one as a replacement.

Mylenium

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Dec 2, 2008, 3:26:08 PM12/2/08
Bold isn't a size - it's a definition in the typeface.