Tool tips aren't showing

Sharon...@adobeforums.com

Mar 29, 2009, 11:02:12 AM3/29/09
I'm using PS CS4 on Windows xp

tool ships are checked in the preferences but they're not showing. Can you tell me what I need to do to bring these back. Thanks!

John_Bl...@adobeforums.com

Mar 29, 2009, 11:42:40 AM3/29/09
I thought the Tool Tips weren't working, but it turned out I wasn't hovering the mouse over them for long enough. Could that be it?

John

Sharon...@adobeforums.com

Mar 29, 2009, 8:28:13 PM3/29/09
No, I don't think that's it, John. No matter how long I hover, no tool tips.

John Joslin

Mar 30, 2009, 3:25:41 AM3/30/09
Could it be that it's disabled in Windows?

Free...@adobeforums.com

Mar 30, 2009, 4:47:15 AM3/30/09
I have tooltips disabled in Windows, but they still work in CS4 apps.

I suppose trashing the preferences could fix it?

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 30, 2009, 7:56:03 AM3/30/09
I had an issue with tooltips dissapearing and never coming back in a session when i demo'd cs4. there was a thread on it.

Gwen_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 31, 2009, 8:20:56 PM3/31/09
I have the same problem. I'm also using PS CS4 on XP. At first, the tool tips work fine. After a while, they just go away. If I exit PS and get back in, they come back. I haven't figured out what I'm doing to cause this. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Bob_Wei...@adobeforums.com

Mar 31, 2009, 10:37:54 PM3/31/09
Same here. Hoping it would be fixed in 11.0.1 but, alas, no.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 31, 2009, 11:19:46 PM3/31/09

At first, the tool tips work fine. After a while, they just go away. If
I exit PS and get back in, they come back

exactly the behavior i saw and reported a few months ago.

John Joslin

Apr 1, 2009, 2:22:45 AM4/1/09
They work for most, so it seems to be specific to a few configurations.

Q_P...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 6:24:47 AM4/1/09
They work here but are a bit slow appearing. 3 to 4 seconds.

Ronald Keller

Apr 2, 2009, 5:23:10 AM4/2/09
Same here. Sometimes very slow appearing, sometimes not at all.