Graphics opening problem, odd triangles

Sophie...@adobeforums.com

Feb 8, 2009, 12:47:32 PM2/8/09
I recently got the new Photoshop CS4 and I was so pleased as it was better than Paint Shop Pro. However everytime I open a graphic (.JPG, .PNG etc) I get these wierd triangles across the graphic... Any ideas?

Here is a screencap of what I mean:

<http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/e_royce_s/wierd.png>

I did skim through all the other FAQ's etc but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

boblevine

Feb 8, 2009, 12:50:12 PM2/8/09
Looks like a really flakey video driver. Check for updates.

Bob

Denn...@adobeforums.com

Feb 8, 2009, 1:00:16 PM2/8/09
If no video driver update is available or an update doesn't help, try disabling OpenGL drawing if it is currently turned on (Edit>Preferences>Performance).

If you still have problems, please post again and state your video card make/model and which operating system type (Mac/Windows) and version you are using.

Kwan_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 8, 2009, 2:07:25 PM2/8/09
If your system provides the means to test your video card, running the test "might" save you time and frustration.

One and only time I saw fractured graphics like that was cured by replacing the card. Progression on my system went from occasional fractal-like graphics (especially in Bridge's "Preview" pane) to persistent corruption to the BSOD every few hours--regardless of the application being used. On system start-up, before Windows launched, I started noticing scattered blue, green, and white specks on the monitor.

Your problem might be as simple as a driver problem, though.

But, sure wish I had run Dell Diagnostics on boot-up and in Windows early on.

Good luck!

Sophie...@adobeforums.com

Feb 8, 2009, 2:41:30 PM2/8/09
Thanks everyone!

Dennis got it right though :D Works perfectly now!

Kwan_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 9, 2009, 12:19:49 PM2/9/09
Wonderful, Sophie!

But should you notice any of the things I mentioned, test the card if you can. Sometimes it does not hurt to wear both a belt and suspenders.

:-)