Windows HPC 2008 Server

1 view

Reese...@adobeforums.com

Dec 1, 2008, 12:44:02 PM12/1/08
My company is switching to a Windows HPC 2008 Server based platform and I wanted to know if we'll be able to run Photoshop CS4 Extended on this OS? The Microsoft site seems a bit sparse in terms of information on compatibility with existing applications.

Cheers,
~Reese

Myle...@adobeforums.com

Dec 1, 2008, 2:32:31 PM12/1/08
Well, it's Vista 64 with a lot of extras, so one could assume that a minimum level of compatibility exists. I just wouldn't expect miracles. Servers are in general not meant for end-user software like PS and even the best virtualized environment cannot yet fully replace a local workstation setup. The additional background services alone could consume quite a bit of resources... Beyond that - your guess is as good as mine. Unfortunately I don't have a million floating around to try it out. ;-) Perhaps it would be best to simply run the CS4 trial on a demo machine at your hardware reseller...

Mylenium

Reese...@adobeforums.com

Dec 6, 2008, 12:40:43 AM12/6/08
Bugger. Microsoft won't respond, I can't get a valid support e-mail address for Adobe and Cray is as much in the dark as I am. Perhaps I should just recommend they stay with the old Apple Mac farm... :~(

Wolf_...@adobeforums.com

Dec 6, 2008, 2:43:54 PM12/6/08

I can't get a valid support e-mail address for Adobe ...

Customer Support Portal <http://https://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal>