Photoshop CS4 tools disabled after viewing a video

K_D...@adobeforums.com

Feb 6, 2009, 12:44:48 PM2/6/09
I have a very odd problem with the tools in Photoshop CS4 that only exists after watching a video. After watching a video online (You Tube, for example) or watching a video in Windows Media Player, all the tools stop functioning.

CPU: Core2Duo E6750 2.66GHz
Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate - 32 bit
Memory: 2GB DDR2 800(PC2 6400)

CS4 opens without a problem. I can open any file (.psd, jpg, etc)and it loads. When I go to click on a tool, nothing happens. The only tool available is the "hand" tool. Nothing else works. None of the tools are dimmed out either.

I have found that by logging off and then logging back in, or restarting the computer clears the problem.

Anyone experience this problem????

curt_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 6, 2009, 1:27:52 PM2/6/09
Could this be the hand tool like when the space bar is pressed? Maybe the video turns that on. Hit it a few times and see if it clears.