Photoshop CS4 crashes and shuts down without warning.

Char...@adobeforums.com

Mar 20, 2009, 3:57:21 PM3/20/09
I have installed the new CS4 upgrade, and I have disabled the GPU. I have just upgraded to 2MB of RAM. However, PSD CS4 will suddenly shut down without warning at unpredictable times - yesterday it happened when I zoomed in past 200% - today it happened when I hit Save For Web. Really annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks
Charles

Char...@adobeforums.com

Mar 20, 2009, 4:33:18 PM3/20/09
And occasionally on shutting down Photoshop I get this error:

Photoshop.exe Application Error

The instruction at "0x21d82b3" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate program.

Doesn't happen with Dreamweaver or any other program.

John_T...@adobeforums.com

Mar 20, 2009, 6:33:15 PM3/20/09

just upgraded to 2MB of RAM (snip) The memory could not be "read".

Check your memory

pupick

Mar 20, 2009, 8:22:41 PM3/20/09
You can check your ram with the Microsoft memory diagnostic test. It will
readily identify if the ram sticks are bad.
However the problems you are experiencing are more likely software related:
two programs are asking for the same memory space.
Frequently this is due to a corrupt video driver so installing the latest
video driver may help.
After that start turning off background programs and processes until you
find the offender.