How to edit a PDF in Photoshop CS4

1 view

Victoria...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 11:26:18 AM2/19/09
Hi there,

I'm having some real trouble trying to figure out how to edit a PDF in photoshop cs4. So i need to edit/change text, move things around, that type of thing.

I work in Windows.

Could someone give me a bit a low down on how this is done?

Much appreciated,

Victoria

Robert_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 11:33:11 AM2/19/09
You would be better off using a different program: That is what Adobe Acrobat is for.

Victoria...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 11:35:42 AM2/19/09
Ok.

But is it possible to edit PDFs in Photoshop?

Free...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 11:53:07 AM2/19/09
You can Open As...Photoshop PDF and edit the images, but the text will be rasterized.

boblevine

Feb 19, 2009, 11:53:54 AM2/19/09
You can open them but you will totally rasterize everything.

PDFs are not intended to be edited. They are a final format but as
mentioned you can use Acrobat for some minor text edits or use it to
extract the images to Photoshop for further editing.

Bob

ste...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 3:05:37 PM2/19/09
Yes, if it's a photoshop PDF and only the same version (or later) that created it.

Dave

Feb 22, 2009, 3:42:12 PM2/22/09
On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:26:18 -0800, Victoria...@adobeforums.com
wrote:

Victoria, a bunch of novices are bllshttng you here, because they do
not know any better, but think they do.

Go find a program like 'eXPert PDF Professional Edition 6'

And I prefer 'foxit reader' when using a PDF reader
http://foxit-pdf-reader.en.softonic.com/